Pinterest SEO: 4 Reasons Why Your SEO Strategy Should Include Pinterest 💪Mar 06, 2022
Pinterest SEO is a world on its own
In this article about Pinterest SEO, I will try to break down some of the reasons why you can make Pinterest part of your SEO strategy.
Pinterest SEO is becoming an integral part of visual image SEO and building authority within the community of content creators.
Here is a video I recorded about Pinterest SEO and how get started making it part of your SEO journey:
SEO isn’t for the weak of heart right?
SEO is a multidimensional game. No one-size-fits-all approach is going to work. No one should definitely not force upon any strategy any given practice or game, but rather take a step back, and ask yourself, what can i/my business do well and how can I leverage it through SEO?
Although SEO is a complex conversation and with very broad one, to say the least, I believe that you should choose your SEO strategy wisely, as you would choose your business or industry niche.
Some Stats on Pinterest SEO
First of all let me ask you, have you used Pinterest to search for your ideal office, house, man cave, recipes or even outfits? Pinterest is huge and offers a visual showroom to anyone inclined to make the search
Here are some Pinterest statistics that should make you sit up and take notice of the platform:
- As of Q4 2019, Pinterest has more than 335 million monthly active users
- 90% of weekly pinners have used Pinterest to make a purchase
- 40% of Pinterest users have a household income of $100,000
- 45% of all women online are Pinterest users
- 50% of new signups are men
- Two-thirds of all pins represent brands or products
- 73% of pinners say content from brands makes Pinterest more useful
- 93% of users use Pinterest to plan purchases
- 55% of users shop on the site
- 34% of Americans ages 18 to 34 use Pinterest
- Pinterest images reach 83% of US women ages 25-54
- There were 600 million Pinterest Lens searches in February 2018
- 59% of millennials have discovered products on Pinterest
Who uses Pinterest and what does this have to do with my SEO strategy?
User intent is crucial for any part of digital marketing. And the same goes for Pinterest SEO.
So who uses Pinterest? Well in nutshell, pretty much everyone from generation z to baby boomers. But irrespective of the age of your avatar in your industry, Pinterest will serve as a referral domain for traffic and backlink authority.
So first let's provide some context.
Pinterest is an online image-sharing platform that has over 2 billion pins, and that's just the active user base. Pinterest has a lot of unique features and functionality that can be incredibly powerful for your SEO. These include search engine optimization (SEO) for each of your posts, backlinks to your articles, social bookmarking, email marketing, content syndication and more. With the right features added, the platform can really take your business to the next level in terms of traffic and engagement.
Like all social media, it takes time to build real organic engagement, but consistency is the key to unravelling your success.
It's a bit overwhelming at first but if you dive into the details you'll see why so many bloggers and websites utilize Pinterest for their blogs.
So is Pinterest SEO worth it for my business?
Pinterest SEO is definitely worth the investment if you already create and have visual content on your websites such as vectors, graphics or infographics. These can be repurposed and used more than once and simply by resharing your Pinterest your SEO will benefit not just from the “linking opportunity” but from the authority and trust this builds with your brand.
I created this video on Pinterest SEO for marketing professionals, business owners or anyone interested in knowing if Pinterest should be part of their SEO strategy. The answer is definitely a yes!
[Key Takeaways for Your Pinterest SEO:
- If you are using WordPress you can download and include the WordPress plugin for Pinterest that going to help your SEO Goals. My favourite is https://wordpress.org/plugins/social-warfare/
- Make sure to do your keyword research and title your boards and pins accordingly
- Include your links back to your articles or landing pages from your content on Pinterest this will provide SEO opportunities and DA improvement
- Use your Pinterest boards as you would use your content clusters - this will allow for your to content to rank and become an authority - subject matter expert in
Whether you are neck-deep in SEO or starting out, Pinterest SEO should definitely be part of your plan.
There are multiple Pinterest specialists that can help you organize your content planning and management for getting the best organization for your pins and boards.
Repurposing content you have already created is probably one of the most powerful ways to optimize your investment in content and get maximum ROI for each dollar spent.
Either way, Pinterest SEO is definitely the future of visuals and if your SEO game involves content (as it should) repurposing your content on another platform will only bring you positive results, so as Nike would say: "Go Do It"
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.